STEAM was commissioned by the Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Consorziale Bari Hospital to design the new surgical complex Asclepios III for Bari Hospital. STEAM staff delineated guidelines that lead design of complex:
- to preserve connection from the central part of Hospital and new building;
- to preserve alignment with existing buildings to reorganize area land, irregular by the interventions made in the past, compared to the axial that organize the rest of the hospital complex;
- to regulate the new building as the existing;
- to create a public space usable by all types of users, staff, outside visitors, students, patients;
- to design a building that is environmentally sustainable and that it can communicate with the areas dedicated to green surrounding the new building
- to create an understated formal composition able to integrate large transparent surfaces, high thermal insulation values, radiation control and sunscreen;
- to ensure the equipments and climate comfort inside the structure thanks to arrangement on the basement of two large areas dedicated to technical rooms for mechanical and electrical plant.
To date, STEAM, which completed design, is following supervision of works.