SALA DARSENA – PALAZZO DEL CINEMA – VENICE
The functional adaptation of the Sala Darsena is part of a major restoration project for the Palazzo del Cinema at Venice Lido. The main goal of the project was to improve comfort for audiences and adapt to international standards for the quality of film screenings and sound diffusion.
In particular, the following works were carried out:
- fire prevention design according to replacement of claddings with new materials to adapt the acoustics to excellent levels for film screening and conference use;
- improvement in comfort for audiences with new seating and more space between rows;
- installation of new three-dimensional sound diffusion technologies for screening the latest generation of films;
- a new lighting system for general and accent lighting;
- new facilities for the management of the Sala Grande, with a new booth designed for digital projection, as well as booths for production, audio control, audio and video production, and simultaneous translation;
- new toilet facilities;
- supplementary maintenance of mechanical and electrical systems.